Allocations conference 2016
A brand new, comprehensive programme presented by some of the country’s top experts in Allocations law, policy and practice.
“Someone from our organisation always attends Lime Legal’s Allocations Conference – I’ll make sure it’s me from now on!”
(Home Choice Manager delegate)
Programme details | Book Your Place | Download Conference Brochure (.pdf)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Lettings & Allocations Managers and Officers
- Housing Options Personnel
- Housing Needs Teams
- Housing Assessment Personnel
- Housing Policy Staff
- Heads of Housing
- Directors of Housing
- Independent Advisers
- Registration & Refreshments (09.15 - 10.00)
- The Latest Policy Picture on Allocations
- Key Allocations Case Law Update Overview - do they signal a new judicial “hands-on” approach to Allocation Schemes?
- Homelessness Update: what Allocations Teams need to know
- Private member’s bill
- Temporary accommodation funding post-2017
- Homelessness changes and implications for Allocation Policies
- Framework for supported housing
- Allocations: The thorny issue of applying Qualification Rules to join the register
- Spent Criminal convictions
- Length of continuous residency
- Applying rules for rent arrears, housing and other related debt
- Poor behaviour (tenant misconduct)
- Applying exceptional circumstances policies to qualification rules
- Practical Lessons in Implementing Changes to Allocations Policies and Procedures and responding to a legal challenge to the scheme.
- Equality Impact Assessment for your Allocations Policy – Why it’s essential to get them right
- Reviewing your EQA
- High risk areas: challenges based on:
- Human Rights
- Public Sector Equality Duty re the Equality Act 2010
- Section 11 Children Act
- Problem Areas
- What the courts will expect to see in the EIA
- The importance of consultation with specific groups in developing your EIA
- Two Panel Question & Answer Sessions
- Close of Conference (16.30)
|Top | Book Your Place | Download Conference Brochure (.pdf)
Venue: Copthorne Tara Hotel| Get Directions
Date: Friday 4th November 2016
Price: £299 + VAT for top-quality training from some of the country’s leading experts
Third and subsequent delegates HALF PRICE.
See Terms and Conditions
This conference is CPD Accredited for 5 hours.
Jonathan Manning, barrister and founder member of Arden Chambers, specialises in housing and public law cases. He has for many years, been recommended by legal directories as a leader in social housing and local government work. His practice involves, in particular, issues of public law relating to public and local authority powers, functions and finance, ethical conduct, human rights and equalities and enforcement, homelessness and housing rights, anti-social behaviour (particularly in relation to gangs), housing benefit, landlord and tenant and leasehold service charges. He regularly appears for local and other public authorities (including private registered providers of social housing) in all courts and tribunals as well as individual applicants.
Frances Walker, Head of Allocations Team, Department of Communities and Local Government.
Andy Gale, one of the best known names in the field of Allocations and Homelessness work. He trains and advises local authorities all over the country. He has wide experience of local government work including working as a Housing Needs manager for Harrow Council and he was formerly in charge of Homelessness and Advice at Ealing Council. He is widely respected as one of the national experts in Allocations and Homelessness work.
“Super! – great notes too!”Housing Needs Team Leader
“Brilliant – really informative”
Housing Registrations Manager
“Third Lime Legal Allocations conference in a row that I’ve attended – I’ll be back for my 4th in 2016”
Senior Allocation Officer
“Excellent as usual”
“Excellent annual conference aimed at Housing Professionals – invaluable! ”
“Always a good opportunity to network”
Lettings Team Manager
“So informative and gave just the energy boost I needed – can’t wait for the 2016 Conference. ”
Private Sector Team Leader
Lime Legal Limited
87 Pickwick Road
Tel: 01249 701555
Fax: 01249 701666